The Rhine Valley, full of legends and folklore, holds its own against the best when it comes to tourism.
Spectacular views both landside and from the rivers themselves expose the true beauty of this great region. Numerous castles dominate the shores, mostly built as royal or ducal palaces rather than fortifications, they truly are magnificent. The Rhine, at approximately 1300km long, flows through six countries.
Rediscover the Rhineland…
From fairy tale castles, historic cities and pretty villages you will find plenty to do in the Rhine Valley:
- Cologne – Cathedral, Chocolate Factory & Bay Arena Stadium
- Rudesheim – Seigfried’s Mechanical Music Cabinet
- Rhine steam boat cruise
- Marksburg Castle
- Nuerburging Racing Track
- Loreley Rock
- Rheinfels Castle (St Goar)
- Deutsches Eck
- St Goarhausen – Burg Maus & Burg Katz (Cat & Mouse Castles)
- Konigswinter (original home of snow white & the seven dwarfs) &
Drachenfels (Dragon’s Rock) by funicular railway
- Day 1Begin your tour with a visit to Marksburg Castle and a cable car ride or steamboat trip on the Rhine.
- Day 2Take a tour of BayArena football stadium followed by a visit to Cologne and its famous Cathedral. Alternatively, you could take a trip to Heidelberg.
- Day 3Spend the day enjoying the rides and attractions at Germany’s largest theme park, Phantasialand.
- Day 4Visit Konigstwinter, then Drachenfels by funicular railway or spend some time in the cities of Dusseldorf, Brussels or Frankfurt depending on where you are departing from.