It is difficult to think that this city has suffered so much during this century. Bombed and blasted, split into two and then healed as one in 1989.
Since then, Berlin has been aggressive in reconstruction and has become both vibrant and quirky. Typically German, the city runs like clockwork, everything to time and everything in place. With its historical heritage there is much to learn here and students will find the experience pleasurable in so far as everything is so accessible.
Best of Berlin…
You will be faced with endless possibilities in Berlin, some major places of interest are:
- Checkpoint Charlie
- Holocaust Museum
- Jewish Museum
- Brandenburg Gate
- Olympic Stadium
- Plotzensee Prison
- Unter den Linden & Kurfurstendamm
- Berliner Unterwelten (bunker tour)
- Berlin Zoo
- Stasi Museum
- Story of Berlin Museum
- DDR Museum
- Potsdamer Platz
- Bundestag & The Berliner Dom
- Tropical Islands
- Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp
- TV Tower
- Boat trip (seaonal)
30th Anniversary of the Peaceful Revolution…
30th Anniversary of the Peaceful Revolution and fall of the Berlin wall will be taking place from 4th-10th November 2019.
Berlin will celebrate with a grand festival that will transform the city into a big open air exhibition. In particular on the 9th November, a large number of events in Berlin will deal with topics such as reunification, the construction of the Berlin Wall, the division of the world during the Cold War and the overcoming of the wall by the Peaceful Revolution of 1989. Various events dealing with the history of division, the struggle for freedom and the process of reunification will take place throughout the year in Berlin so it is an ideal time to take your students on a tour!
- Day 1A full day guided city tour in this thriving city is a perfect way to start your tour, taking in the Brandenburg Gate, Holocaust Memorial and Alexanderplatz.
- Day 2Take an Olympic Stadium tour, visit Checkpoint Charlie or explore the underground of Berlin by taking a bunker tour.
- Day 3See first hand the horror of Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp and /or make a stop in Potsdam to visit Sanssouci Palace.
- Day 4Before you leave take the time to discover the rest of the attractions such as the Reichstag, Stasi or DDR Museum.