Belgium >> WWI & WWII
The two great wars are pivotal in recent history and such visits come as a stark reminder of the suffering endured by others for the sake of peace.
WWI Ypres Salient & The Somme
With the 2014-2018 centenary events well under way, now is a great time for a school group to visit this area.
The Irish Link – Your group will experience these areas with an insight from an Irish perspective with many references to the 16th Irish Division and the 36th Ulster Division while also recognising that many Irish fought in other British and Commonwealth regiments. We can source guides that specifically focus on the Irish link to Ypres Salient & The Somme.
Specific Irish Visits:
- The Island of Ireland Peace Park
- Ulster Tower
- Pool of Peace
- Wytschaete Military Cemetery and the Memorial to the 16th Division
- Irish Pillars at Suicide Road
- Petit Bois
- Locre Hospice Cemetery
- Grave of Major William Redmond MP
- New Irish Farm Cemetery
- Memorial and grave of Francis Ledwidge
- Grave of John Condon, 14 year old Irish boy soldier
Other ‘must see’ visits:
- In Flanders Fields Museum
- Menin Gate Ceremony
- Passchendale Memorial Museum & the Platoon Experience
- Vimy Ridge
- Thiepval Memorial & Visitor Centre
- And many more…
WWII visits are also available in Belgium & Northern France.
- Caen Peace Museum
- Pegasus Museum
- D-Day Landing Beaches
- Point de Hoc
- 1944 Museum
- Mulberry Harbour
- Arromanches Invasion Museum
- La Cambe German Cemetery
- Ranville Cemetery
- Bayeux Tapestry
Any tours to Belgium, Northern France and Normandy can be combined with Paris or Brussels.